Most of us will not change the world on a grand scale, but we all make a difference in the world around us through our interactions with those we come in contact with on a daily basis. I hope that here you will find inspiration to make that difference one for the better. Kindness is contagious. Let's start an epidemic!

Translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Little Encouragement Goes a Long Way


     Last week I talked about how something as simple as a smile can work wonders. It can brighten some one's day and be quite contagious. A few weeks ago I was out for a run and I tried to make it a point to smile at every person I met.  It ended up being the best run ever. I wasn't fast and I didn't go far but I came back on an amazing high that wasn't just from running. Not only did I get plenty of smiles back but also encouragement for trying to get in shape. It may be one of my favorite things about running. The cheering and support I get from people on the road. Sometimes it's friends and neighbors but just as often I get "Good for you's" from random strangers and I have to admit it feels wonderful. In fact, that day I got so much encouragement on the road I ended up running almost an additional half mile more than I had planned. So what if we all tried to encourage other people who we saw doing a good job? You may not be comfortable saying it to a complete stranger but we all know a friend or family member who could benefit from hearing what a great job you think they are doing. Sometimes it's just what we need to keep going.

photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/rueful/8065467654/">Key Foster</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">cc</a>




No comments:

Post a Comment