Most of us will not change the world on a grand scale, but we all make a difference in the world around us through our interactions with those we come in contact with on a daily basis. I hope that here you will find inspiration to make that difference one for the better. Kindness is contagious. Let's start an epidemic!

Translate

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Being Kind When You Don't Want to be.

     Today I am grateful. I am grateful to friends who decided to offer help even though they didn't want to. The help offered may have seemed minimal to those who gave it, but to me, their small act of kindness meant a great deal. We are at the very beginning stages of a big move and I am in desperate need of packing boxes so I can pack things up to place in storage. I put out a plea for boxes on Facebook and received several responses. But not what one would expect. Many of my local friends jokingly threatened anyone who willing to help us with the move. I realize my friends wanting us to stay is well meant and truly I am touched by how many people my family has had an impact on here. However, the friends who expressed distress at our leaving, yet still offered to help touched me more. Theirs was an offer of sacrifice. It said "I care more about your needs more than my own." And many times kindness does take sacrifice. So thank you to all my friends who offered to give me boxes and thank you to those who want us to stay. We're going to miss all of you.

photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahhyeah/454494396/">ahhyeah</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">cc</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment