Most of us will not change the world on a grand scale, but we all make a difference in the world around us through our interactions with those we come in contact with on a daily basis. I hope that here you will find inspiration to make that difference one for the better. Kindness is contagious. Let's start an epidemic!

Translate

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lenten Goals

    
Today Christians around the world receive ashes on their foreheads to remind them of their humanity and to mark the first day of the Lenten Season.  It is a time of preparation and sacrifice but also of giving. There are three pillars of Lent. Fasting is only one of them. Prayer is another obvious one, but let us not forget almsgiving. Each of these helps us prepare for the coming of Easter. We often think about what we will give up or even how we will try to enhance our prayer life during Lent, but do we remember the poor, especially at this time? This year I challenge each of you to be sure to add almsgiving to your Lenten promises. May you all have a fruitful Lent.


Photo Credit:  photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/spaceshoe/5372030437/">SpaceShoe [Learning to live with the crisis]</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">cc</a>

1 comment:

  1. (the biggest mistake of my life, I didn't call)

    I dreamt about you last night.

    Today is July 31st 2018.

    I apologise for my crude words, imI not the best at expressing myself.

    But here goes,

    I wish you could give me a chance to explain. All I've wanted these past years is a chance to explain. And hopefully become friends on some level. I don't know why or how you blocked me before you knew I was trying to reach out to you. But I found you, and just after I sent a message I was blocked, and you never received it. August 5, 2017 it's still there waiting to be read. I made I huge mistake 21 years ago. And the worst part is that I had no clue what I was doing at the time. I didn't know that I might have hurt you. It was an innocent mistake. I talked to your husband one day and left you a message with him. I've got two wonderful children of my own. I only want the chance for us to talk. To clear the air, and tell you how sorry I am for being a stupid teenager. I'm guessing i'll be blocked here too. But I will keep trying to reach out to you from time to time until my last breath.

    You have a wonderful life and family. And I'm not trying to get in the way of that. I only wish to talk, and hopefully be friends.i have missed you my entire life, and I live with the regret from 21 years ago when I finally found you and let you slip away yet again. That was the biggest mistake of my life.

    If you don't want me in your life I just wish you would tell me. But for whatever reason you have, please understand that I I have those same reasons for reaching out to you. There can be no closure with silence.

    I realize this is a public forum, and I apologise for intruding. This is also why I'm not going into great detail. I know that you know who I am. You are every hand, and I am within reach.

    Joe.

    ReplyDelete