Most of us will not change the world on a grand scale, but we all make a difference in the world around us through our interactions with those we come in contact with on a daily basis. I hope that here you will find inspiration to make that difference one for the better. Kindness is contagious. Let's start an epidemic!

Translate

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kindness on the Road

photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/davedehetre/5037675054/">davedehetre</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">cc</a>

     Tonight I gave a friend a ride home and after I dropped her off and got back on the road the person behind me got very agitated. They were obviously in a hurry and even flashed their lights at me a couple times. It is easy to get caught up in a pattern of aggression. I often find myself calling another driver a name because they do something that aggravates me. Quite often my back seat drivers will call other drivers jerks, even when unwarranted, and I realize they are simply following my bad example. In order to help me remember to be a better model for my children I placed a sticker of Mother Teresa on my driver's side window. Each time I get behind the wheel I see it, and hopefully remember to treat those I meet on the road with kindness. Simply allowing another car to go first or giving up the right of way can cause a chain reaction and hopefully reverse the pattern of aggression so often found on the roadways.

No comments:

Post a Comment